Top Warning Signs of Substance Use in Teens
Parents play a very important role in the lives of their kids. They are concerned about additional threats their children may encounter as they grow into preteens and teens. The use of substances like marijuana, alcohol, cigarettes, and other drugs is increasing day by day in teens. Parents might assist by asking their teen’s pediatrician about drug testing. Teenage substance usage can significantly affect their health and well-being.
Mood changes in teenagers are common. If your teenage daughter or son exhibits mood swings associated with modifications in behavior or appearance. The risk factors associated with teen drug use are also highlighted in the guide. Substance use can lead to the following:
- It affects the development and growth of teens, especially brain development.
- Kids will continue taking drugs and develop an addiction later in life increases the sooner they begin using drugs. Teenagers who start drinking at a young age have a higher likelihood of developing a drug addiction or continuing to use drugs in later life.
- Contribute to the emergence of adult health issues like heart disease, hypertension, and sleep apnea
- Occur more commonly when combined with other risky behaviors, such as unprotected sex and unsafe driving.
There are so many rehab centers available for substance use problems nowadays. Wheeler Clinic Hartford, is one place where you can find the best treatment for substance abuse. For more information about drug abuse, check the website Detox to Rehab. Keep reading to know about the signs of substance use in teens.
- You will notice changes in your physical appearance. In fact, it would be a sudden change in hygiene and dressing style.
- They will lose interest in spending time with the family. In fact, they will try to spend their time alone.
- They might sleep more than usual.
- They will be very angry.
If you observe any of the above signs in your loved ones, take them to a doctor immediately!